March 7, 2012

Sweet 16!

That's how old a CD currently in my car is.

For my 11th birthday, a very precocious Becca requested the album Tragic Kingdom by No Doubt. I was far, far, far too young to truly understand all the lyrics but, by Jove, I listened to it for hours on end. I brought my Sony Walkman disc player to school and sat in my Debate class jamming to Excuse Me Mr.

Mostly just this one part with a really sweet breakdown with the brass band. Couldn't get enough of it.

I was elated to open my gift that birthday. It was a mini-backpack and tucked inside the drawstring bag was the album. Had my parents actually heard any of the songs, I doubt I would have been given this gift, but I was in heaven.

All the trend in the mid-90's

Most recently, on my jaunt to the ok city of Dallas, I decided to mix my music up a bit and brought this album into the shuffle. Here's what I learned...

I still love this album today as much, if not more, than I did when I was eleven. I consume Sunday Morning on repeat as if it's my only source of oxygen in a drowning sea.

And yes, this entire blogpost I have rotated these two songs over and over and over again as I typed...

No comments:

Post a Comment