March 31, 2012

Future baseball king

My nephew was born on the side of a softball field, was raised around bats, gloves and helmets and has finally, finally, made it to the pitch. And it's adorable he looks like a pro.

Don't mess with Texas.

Watching a group of 4-year old's play baseball has got to be one of the funniest things I've seen in awhile. Not quite so hilarious as football at this age, but entertaining nonetheless.

Before the start of the game, I asked my sister if Evie had had an audience before today's game and she said, "Nope!" He was very conscientious of all of us (his Grammy, his Grandpa, his aunt, his uncle, other aunt and baby cousin) but played a good game! He's absolutely all about baseball so it's great to get to watch him play!

Guess who learned the word "cheese" this week?
The weather was hot but breezy with scattered clouds to earn a sigh out of all of us when they passed across the blazing sun. I got my first sun of the summer and it felt great despite the numerous trickles of sweat and small, irritating bugs surrounding me.

Of course, with my adorable little boo in tow, we all got to be wowed by her newly discovered gifts. We learned that "elbow" can sound an awful lot like "Elmo" and that her name is meant to be said like a song.

Ear?

That's right!
One more, just because...



Back to the game: I look forward to watching this little man grow up in his own right on the baseball field. Irrelevant of age, though, I will probably always call him adorable in his uniform. *pinches cheeks*


1 comment: