I've been listening to Harry Potter audiobooks for a good month plus now and have been thoroughly enjoying them. The reader, Jim Dale, is excellent and does great voices.
But I digress.
I ended the fourth book and quickly started the fifth. For those who have not read them or seen the movies because of one of the following options: 1) You've been under a rock, 2) You've denied that you love the concept because you think you're too old or good (and trust me, you aren't), or 3) It legit isn't your thing...you crazy, but don't read any further if you don't want to know what happens.
At the end of the fourth book, Cedric has been murdered in front of Harry's eyes. At the beginning of the fifth book, when they make it to Hogwarts, Harry first sees the thestrels, the death horses that pull the carriages. Previously, they had seemed to be pulled by nothing.
Funny thing though...they ride the carriages back to the train from Hogwarts at the conclusion of the school term...meaning, Harry should have seen these creatures at the end of book four, but it was never mentioned. Am I right?
That nagged at me throughout the entire fifth book, which I finished this morning. I kept expecting an explanation or the question to be posed that would potentially explore why he couldn't see them in prior year, but could see them after the summer had passed.
Nada. Not a peep! So I felt I must take to the blog to see if any other HP fans noticed that like I had. I know story continuity can be skewed at times, so I respect how it happened. Plus, wasn't this when she took a significantly long break to have a baby? Can't rightly remember.
Suffice it to say, I'm still in love with HP and cannot wait to finish the audiobooks and catch the very last movie coming up in a few (hopefully) short months.
Cheers!
Midnight showing!! Only a few months away..
ReplyDeleteI'll check with my siblings. They also read AND heard the audiobooks at least a dozen times between the two of them. They're die hard fans, I would trust their verdict.
As for me, don't hate me, but after the third book: I lost interest.
Why?
Harry's so freaking annoying. Love the other character but he's a big wuss!
I completely agree he was incredibly annoying. Angsty and constantly complaining, whining, etc. I sincerely hoped he would die at the ene of the series. :-)
ReplyDeleteMovies are still fun to watch.
I also noticed that they haven't mentioned his Firebolt from when it was shackled in the dungeon at the end of book five...granted, I kinda tuned a bit of that out, so perhaps I missed them talking about its release.
Another thing I noticed, and ask your sibs about this, the reader, Jim Dale, said VoldemorE through book four and then suddenly started saying VoldemorT. It completely threw me off!!