All downhill from here, baby! Life was bumpy at the beginning of the year but filled with so much joy with the arrival of my niece and then there were challenges transitioning to a new job. But I feel that, with the refreshing weekend celebrating the birth of our nation and finding out I am nearly through with the CPA exam [officially], the latter half of this year is going to be spectacular! For the next month I will be a ghost, a shimmer of my former self in your lives, but when I hit the button to say GRADE MY TEST at the stroke of noon on August 6th (approximately, mind you), let the joyful fungates (that kinda looks weird, like fungus, but it embodies the two words I'm looking to convey) will be released!
Here comes Bunco (you're invited), and Fiesta Texas, and weddings, oh my! And that's just the first few weeks of August! Then there'll be Galveston and Vegas, Dallas and Austin, San Francisco and maybe even D.C! I am sincerely looking forward to this fall!
 |
| 7/2/2011 (There are so many reasons why I love the movie Hope Floats and this is merely one of them. The adorable Harry Connick, Jr. and Miss Sandy doing a two-step in a Texas dance hall. She's mesmerizing!) |
 |
| 7/3/2011 (Snap! This delicious soup on sale for so cheap? Hooray, Target!) |
 |
| 7/4/2011 (Spent the holiday with the little boo and crew. I made a peach crumble and we ate it hot out of the oven with cold Blue Bell. Happy Independence Day! We are 235 years young and just entering our terrible two's!) |
 |
| 7/5/2011 (Finished Kathy and have voraciously consumed the second season of Six Feet Under. Great show!) |
 |
| 7/6/2011 (Moving in to my little boo's abode for the next week or so, yay Just realized her jail themed onesie and my top match!!) |
 |
| 7/7/2011 (Trying to get my healthy on. I cannot wait to be through with the CPA exam so I can stop using it as my excuse for everything.) |
 |
| 7/8/2011 (To truly appreciate the hilarity and ridiculousness of this metal chicken, please read this blog entry. Thanks for the share, Kim! It made running into this guy that much funnier! He really was dangerously sharp!) |
You are set to rack up frequent air miles, lady! So jealous- but can't wait to hear about your adventures. :)
ReplyDeleteThe bluebell concoction looks DELISH.
And, I LOVE Hope Floats!! The costume changing nephew?! Too cute. I remember watching it at the movies when I was in 8th grade and bawling my eyes out while simultaneously falling in love with Mr. Harry, too.
I love love love Hope Floats....Reading your bolg makes me realize how bad I am about keeping up with mine...sigh...
ReplyDeleteFYI, the chicken is HILARIOUS!!! mental note for a gift idea for JP ;)