Abysmal - immeasurably great, profound
1) I just learned I have been using this incorrectly because I always left it at..."That sounds abysmal!"...without a subject to better understand the abyss surrounding it and always using it negatively.
2) I have been living in abysmal ignorance!
3) It is not a naturally negative word, which I assumed it was. It basically just means an immeasurable (blank)
Waylaid - to lie in wait for, attack from an ambush
1) This is a very fun word to use in conversation.
2) I was waylaid on my way to work by my strong desire for a cup of coffee from Starbucks. (Horrible habit, and terribly true.)
Stolid - expressing very little sensibility, unemotional
1) The wife irritated her husband by responding with stolid indifference to his lamentations revolving around his Fantasy Football Team results.
Lamentations - to mourn aloud
1) See above.
Cheers and happy Friday! Has anyone else felt the cool touch of autumn on the breeze these past few days? It's brief, it's a tease, but October's coming around...he'll be mine within a fortnight.
Two points for me! Waylaid and lamentations have been used in my everyday life!!
ReplyDelete