September 16, 2010

Help!

Scene:
1 CISCO phone with caller ID
1 Me
1 Incoming phone call

* Phone rings to the tune of Star Wars' Imperial March *
Me: * Glances at the screen. *
Me: "Oh, hey, it's Andy!"
Me: * Picks up phone *
Me: * Professional voice: On * "IA, this is Becca."
Andy: "Hey, it's Andy."
Me: * Feigning surprise. Professional voice: Off * "Oh, hey, Andy! How are you?"

I feel ridiculous every time I do this.

I know who you are when I pick up.

I know who you are when I call.

Why can't we all just say, "Hello!"?

2 comments:

  1. who's andy and whatcha talking about, lady with the super cool phone?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) It's only a sweet phone because of the ringtone, haha.
    2) Andy is made up, I was just using him as a reference.
    3) Do you still answer your cellphone, which has caller ID, with a questioning "Hello?"? I've slowly moved away from that because we all have caller ID and I know it's so-and-so calling me, so I find it laughable when I try and pretend that I don't know who it is. Haha. And that's what it's like at work.

    I'm such a dork.

    ReplyDelete