May 29, 2010

When you wish upon a star...

For a person who struggles memorizing the lyrics of most songs I hear, I am damn good with the Disney ones. It is hard to deny the brilliance of Alan Menken and company.

You name it, I know it...unless it's from one of the bad movies. You know which ones I'm talking about: Cinderalla II and the follow-up blockbuster Cinderalla III, among other such winners. Disney is all about money, we know, even at the sacrifice of the classics. I'm so looking forward to Snow White II: Dwarves' Revenge. I mean, she did nearly get them all killed and totally made them miss work for a few days to come to her rescue because lame Prince Charming couldn't do it alone. Diamonds aren't going to mine themselves now, are they?

He doesn't exist anyways, you know, "Prince Charming". A hearty thanks to Disney for providing false hopes and dreams to millions of young girls since 1937.

I'm sure I should feel embarrassed by my skill, but I just can't muster the emotion.

Plus, since Disney will one day rule the world, I'm cool with that. It means that there will be speakers on every street corner pumping out the melodious tunes we all know so well. Including the bad guy songs, which tended to be the coolest. Come on, you know you loved singing along with Scar and the Hyenas. Gaston marauding Belle vocally as she traipses through the village. And you know that whenever those cats said, "We are Siamese if you don't please..." ba-dum-bum-bum, you bobbed your head in time.

Don't lie. Walt is listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment