May 27, 2010

Misuse

Don't worry, I kicked Melancholy to the curb. Had no business hanging 'round here!

On to happier thoughts:
Have you ever wondered what the difference between a College and a University is? I did awhile back, so I wiki'd it. A college offers a collection of degrees for one specific area and a University is a collection of colleges. Logical in its simplicity, is it not? Sometimes I question whether I graduated from University or not. Sometimes I'm S-M-R-T...I mean, S-M-A-R-T.

How about the difference between jail and prison? A jail houses those awaiting trial who have yet to be convicted, more detaining them. It also holds those serving short sentences less than a year typically. A prison, however, is when you've been convicted of the crime and it's time to pay the...time. Whatever. Again, logical in its simplicity as well as to the learning slammed on us thanks to the overabundance of criminal shows on the telly such as the following: Criminal Minds, NCIS, CSI: Too many to care anymore, Law & Order: See previous quip after colon, Bones, NYPD Blue, Crossing Jordan...and the list goes on. But I won't.

And yes, I watch more than a few of the above.

No comments:

Post a Comment