I can't remember if I relayed my sob story about my lost earring on here so here goes: I have had the same earrings that I got pierced with in the 6th grade and they never leave my ears, or very rarely. I decided it was a rare occasion one morning a few weeks back and didn't even think to plug my sink drain. *clink, clink, clink* Just like in the climactic, hold your breath moment of any good movie, the earring was teetering on the edge of the drain. *Idea!* I grabbed my tweezers, held my breath and...
*PLUNK* Down went the earring.
I warred with the idea of getting my dad to break apart the sink and regain a vestige of my youth, but instead I realized it was about time and took the other earring out. I gazed at it momentarily before I dropped it freely in the trash.
I took a deep breath, realizing the implication of my actions...I will now be forced to wear different earrings every day.
And I've embraced it whole-heartedly. I've been snapping up earrings for years from Claire's, Target, Macy's, etc, saying "Oh, those are so cute!", "Oh, those will go great with that shirt I bought!", etc, etc. And I never wore them.
But now! Now, you can see me proudly sporting a different, fun, sometimes feisty pair to work and around town. Though I will say, since I've recently decided to channel 1960's hair, you can't often see my ears as it is, haha. So it goes!
This is a sob story with silver lining!! Can't wait to see the 60s hair!
ReplyDeleteOkay, after seeing a preview for The Help (which I'm super excited about since I'm nearly done with the book) I know now I am not sporting '60's hair. I do not have a perfectly hair-sprayed coif that looks more like a helmet than hair. I, instead, am going for the Woodstock look. Long, loose, some braids on occasion, but mostly just some funky waves. Lazyness, thy name is Becca.
ReplyDelete