February 19, 2011

2/12/2011 - 2/18/2011

Another week has passed and this one was one of the best in awhile, despite the persistence of what I believe were bad allergies courtesy of the arrival of incredible weather. I love it and all but it usually doesn't love me, at least at first. :-(

I had a new beginning at my new work abode in the Galleria and was reminded why I always said I never wanted to work in the Galleria because the traffic was so terrible. But I'm learning tricks courtesy of family members who've been working there for years now. On that note, I was crossing the street to Yia Yia Mary's and my sister turned the corner and drove right past. Too funny!

I finished a few things, some good and some depressing. 30 Rock was a laugh riot to the very last minute. I am sad to be a season behind and impatient in having to wait for the next season on Netflix. Sadsad. I wrapped up Reaper and in accordance with several friends via FB it was a disastrous ending. It was sudden and stuttered, faltering and tripping in its final few minutes. Fail. Lame, totally lame. And no movie anywhere in sight. Sock and Sam are on new shows due out soon, which I'm glad for them and all...but...Reaper! As I showed last week (I think) I was reading Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. I wasn't sold at first read, but as I forged ahead (wish I could make myself do the same with LoTR) I was entranced with the little boy narrating. I was heartbroken for his aches and pain and wanted to hug his mom and Grandma. When the final revelations unfurl in the final pages, it was sweet and special and gut-wrenching. Your tears were matching his and your heartache could never equate his. It may have been difficult at times to read and understand who the narrator was (it shifts focus between characters and even time) but overall an interesting and achingly beautiful story.

Here are the photos!

2/12/2011 (Happy Birthday, Honest Abe! Read here for more details about this President.)

2/13/2011 (Finally made the Sprinkles cupcakes whose mix was given to me for my birthday. Didn't make the icing, but it was not necessary at all! Quite delicious!)

2/14/2011 (Mamma Mia! tickets arrived and I am so excited! My first foray to the theater in Houston with a great group of friends...in May. Hurry up!)

2/15/2011 (Wrote short cards to my former co-workers in IA. Will miss them!)

2/16/2011 (Finished Reaper, read above for thoughts. :-( )

2/17/2011 (Hobbit for dinner, friends from across the pond back in town. It was so great to see Tara and to have Rosa back in the states. She got me all this kitschy stuff from China and I cannot wait to give it a go!)

2/18/2011 (Goodies arrived! I love deliveries!)

2 comments:

  1. a. Galleria traffic, you have my sympathies. But I am jealous of the many DSW, Borders, Barnes & Noble pit stops you will be able to partake in!

    b. Cute, cute, cute Care Bear stickers!

    c. What did you get in the mail?! Please share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, in case you didn't know, the glass thingie is a brush holder! Use it in good health!

    ReplyDelete