February 5, 2011

1/29/2011 - 2/4/2011

Another week! I'm finally starting to the get the hang of this picture taking business. My memory has vastly improved!

1/29/2011 (Learning to use the newfangled machine that is the washer. My dad made it sound so complicated I got nervous to use it!)

1/30/2011 (Re-reading The Host. I truly consider this her best piece thus far. It's far less juvenile and the story concept is very unique and keeps you intrigued throughout the story.)

1/31/2011 (Predicting snow for Thursday! How exciting...sort of. Big kid day off, please?)

2/1/2011 (Ever wondered what to do with those old business cards of yours? I now have two sets of several hundred. One idea: make a deck of cards. :-) Don't judge my spade and club drawing skills! Other ideas: Notecards to jot ideas or phone messages onto and a cube [which I also created]. Great way to spend some time.)

2/2/2011 (G met Annabelle! Hanging out with my niecey! She is too precious!)

2/3/2011 (One bonus to your company being the only one not to release you early on account of impending ice, there was very little traffic on the road and I made it home in record time. Holler!)

2/4/2011 (Ice!!! I'd have preferred snow...ice is much more dangerous! Regardless, stayed home from work as I did not feel comfortable driving on those roads!)

3 comments:

  1. You know, I started the Host but never finished it. I may need to give it a second go round.

    And does your washing machine do the pretty singing when it's done?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know... I've had The Host hanging out in my trunk for MONTHS and I still haven't cracked it open. It's my "in-case-I-get-stuck-somewhere-without-a-book" stow away. You've inspired me to pull it out and give it a real read though!
    And cute idea with the business cards. Mine have just been taking up room on my desk....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you guys both said "You know..." preceeding your comment. Hehe.

    Yes, it sings very prettily! I love it!

    I want to see what else I can do with the cards...or how big of a cube I can make, haha!

    ReplyDelete