December 29, 2010

2010 in (brief) review

It was a big year. I realize it isn't over yet, but you must understand how busy my life is now!

I'm still not sure I like it. :-/

Suffice it to say, I began the year at my old job gearing up for another busy season filled with long hours and longer days, workworkwork, and a new expectation of guiding a team. It was taxing, it was challenging, but it was a lot of learning I'm thankful I received.

Plus, I knew that at the end of it I was fixing my foot. No complaints there. I rode the tidal wave of work and it only stopped when I took vacation to visit the great state of Virginia prior to my surgery.

The nerves were there, as I'd never gone under the knife before, and as much as I tried to prepare myself for the lack of mental stimulation and the inability to move for weeks on end, I wasn't ready. I was melancholy and distracted and frustrated all rolled into one nearly inanimate object.

But it passed, as I expected it to. I started to walk again and wear a regular shoe. I could drive and relished the freedom. In fact, I need to recapture that feeling to remind myself while I'm sitting in bumper-to-bumper traffic on my way home from work how much I disliked not being able to drive.

I visited my Grandmother and enjoyed every moment, truly realizing what a clever and funny woman she is. Then it was time for a new job, a new place, a new me.

Like the first day of class in the new semester, I was nervous and excited and curious. It didn't take long to realize I'd lucked out tremendously with the group of people I get to work with.

The months have now flown by and more in my life has changed as I've hosted parties, watched my sister-in-law's belly grow big and bulbous, seen my neice hit 10 (and the resulting attitude) and my nephew turn 3 (and go mental...random trust falls, anyone?) and grown as an individual.

My bucket list has grown, too. I have got to start scratching those items off!

With all these things combined, my quarter-century marked a good year and I'm looking forward to what's to come.

Cheers and here's to a New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment