October 19, 2010

A horse, of course

I have officially lost my voice.

A very rare occurrence indeed. I can count on one hand the number of times I've been incapable of speech.

I find it incredibly humorous and will purposefully speak aloud just to hear the cracks and wobbles such as a 12-year old boy might have when asking his first date to dance.

Granted, it's still fairly irritating. Life becomes just a bit more difficult. Coffee orders get written down, emails are more prominent and whispering is imperative.

I, of the love of speech and song...I must whisper. I must resist the urge to speak. I cannot utter a lyric.

My heart hurts a little because of this. :-(

This, too, shall pass. This I know...but this I wish would happen faster!

2 comments:

  1. Take a generous dollop of honey and put it on low heat. Squeeze in half a lime and whisk until well mixed. Then take a spoonful every half hour (heat it up everytime it cools off).

    I don't know why (or how) but anytime I lose my voice (which will occur at least three times a year, darn the kids) this will work wonders.

    Recipe, courtesy of my father's father. :)

    PS: I love the title. Literally, chuckled out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Work fresh ginger into Dahnya's suggestion too! That helps!

    Maybe I'll run into you at the Farmer's Market sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete