We enjoyed our last breakfast at the hotel by nibbling on some more cheese and ham before going for our last coffee at our newfound favorite stop. This time we made sure she put the chocolate powdered star atop our coffees! Really, made them taste umpteen times sweeter.
After wandering by foot to this venue we all agreed that riding a bike for a couple miles might prove to be the end of us, so we decided we would walk the canal rather than ride!
As we were crossing the roads, a cop car cruised past slowly...I may or may not have also been jaywalking and the girls immediately harangued me for doing so in FRONT of the cops. At that point, it was too late, if I was going to be cited, it was going down whether or not I stopped walking. But the cops drove past, didn't slow or stop and we continued our walking.
| Jess cleverly had me move to block the car parked in the background. Now it's just me and leaves! |
| The feeling of fall was hard to miss or overlook. |
As we walked across another street, suddenly the cop car was back...I tensed and got a bit nervous, but again, they just drove past. Surely, they're just doing their rounds. No big deal. And we kept walking. The canal was pretty with the falling leaves in an array of colors and the weather was just crisp enough to enjoy strolling.
I glanced back once or twice while we were walking and noticed that our friendly neighborhood police were sitting at the crosswalk we had just passed...just sitting. I glanced again...sitting. Were they watching us? I have no idea! But I was certainly offguard, I tell you what!
After reaching the end of the canal where the locks were (think Panama), we turned around and started walking back. And there were our friends again! Okay universe, we get it, you're funny with the happenstances. We cut off the canal and wandered up some side streets, taking in the great architecture and cobble stone streets. Oh, and the traditional horse-drawn carriages with the driver in a top hat and tails. Too fun!
We ventured back to the Notre Dame and enjoyed watching a plaza full of tourists take pictures before going in to the cathedral. With one last stop to a tourist shop for a few more goodies, we were ready to get our crepe on.
Boy howdy, I did NOT anticipate the size of the crepe. Stuffed to the brim with bananas and chocolate and topped with ice cream I knew I wouldn't be able to finish it. Which is sad, because it was definitely delicious.
![]() |
| Lookit! Severely delicious. |
To sum it nicely and succinctly, this was a great trip with great friends. It was beautiful weather, it was crisp wind, it was delicious food and lots of fun.
Where shall we venture to next, my friends?

I could totally go for a crepe right now. Looks delish! Awesome trip. :c)
ReplyDelete